- Jose promoted to Level 2 of CONCACyT's National System of Investigators (SNI)
- 4 Posters presented at Microtas 2019
- Ruth successfully defends her PhD thesis and Missael his MSc work
- Manolo successfully defends his PhD and starts as a postdoc at the Mayo Clinic in the lab of Prof. Alex Revzin!!
- Toño defends his MSc and continues as a PhD student in our lab
- Alan successfully defends his PhD thesis and starts as a postdoc in the lab of Prof. Alex Revzin at the Mayo Clinic!!
- Diana´s paper on the automation of a droplet-based microfluidic platform for multiplexed analysis of biochemical markers is now available in Analytical Chemistry (link)
- We welcome Pablo Guevara as the first Postdoctoral Fellow in our group.
- The Bio-ARTS Lab wins the first soccer tournament organized at Cinvestav Monterrey
- Rocio becomes the first PhD student graduated from our Lab!
- Oscar successfully defends his MS thesis.
- Manolo starts an internship in the lab of Prof. Revzin at the Mayo Clinic
- Jose delivers a talk at the 1st International Congress of Bionanoengineering
- Alan's paper on the microfluidic generation of temporal chemical signals for analyzing single cells is out now in Analytical Chemistry (link)
- Our paper on the development of a real-time PCR system made of 3D-printed parts and off-the-shelf electronics is now available in Analytical Chemistry (link)
- Jose is appointed Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Department of Biomedical Engineering and Physiology of the Mayo Clinic
- Our first paper of the year in collaboration with Prof. Gabriel Caballero is available now in Lab on a Chip (link)
- Jose to participate at the Primer Encuentro Académico "Hacia el Desarrollo Espacial de México" organized by the Mexican Space Agency.
- Jose to give a talk at the First Mexican Symposium on Microfluidics and Nanofluidics held in Queretaro
- Oriana successfully defends her MSc thesis. Congratulations!
- We said farewell to Amy! Good luck in the Philippines!
- We had a very productive meeting with Prof. Leopoldo Santos from the Biomedicine Dept of Cinvestav in his visit to Monterrey
- Jose invited to give a seminar at UNAM's Institute of Cellular Physiology
- Roberto and Diana successfully defended their thesis.
- Jose participated as a speaker at the First Annual Lecture Series on Biomedical Research organized by UdeM's IEEE-EMBS chapter.
- Eduardo presented our work on a 3D-printed stethoscope at the 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’16)
- Jose gave a seminar at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta
- Jose will give a talk this year at Microfluidics Congress USA link!
- Alan and Ruth successfully defended their MSc thesis. Congratulations to both of them! Photos in this link!
- Jose was awarded a grant from Fundación Miguel Aleman (link)!!
- Ruth started an internship in the laboratory of Prof.Hugh Fan at the University of Florida
- We welcome Denise, Raúl, Pablo, David and Eros to our lab . They will be working over the next 7 weeks in a project related to Digital Medicine. Their summer scholarships are supported by the Programa Delfin.
- El Universal, one of the most important newspapers in Mexico, wrote an article about our current research (link)
- Check out our new photo gallery, where we will be posting photos of microdevices fabricated in our lab.
- We hosted four prestigious scientists in September: Prof. Vianney Ortiz Navarrete (Biomedicine Dept, CINVESTAV Zacatenco), Prof. Porfirio Nava Domínguez (Physiology Dept, CINVESTAV Zacatenco), Dr. Fernando Benito López (CIC MicroGUNE, Spain), Dr. Govind Kaigala (IBM Zurich). Thanks to all them for visiting us in Monterrey!
- El Norte, a major newspaper in Monterrey, highlights research carried out at Cinvestav-Monterrey in their Vida section. Read it here (pdf)
- We welcome Lucero, Erwing, Oscar, and Arturo this summer in our lab. They come from Mexico City, Toluca, and Guanajuato and will spend the next 6 weeks doing research with us. They are supported by the Programa Delfin.
- Reforma, one the most important newspapers in Mexico, highlighted our cancer chip developed with collaborators at ICFO, Spain. Read the news article here (pdf) and the journal paper here (paper).
- Jose named to the Editorial Review Board of Frontiers in Materials, section Translational Materials Science (link)
- Prof. Marc Madou from UC Irvine gave an insightful talk on CD microfluidics at CINVESTAV-Monterrey!
- Jose had the chance to work on an international project funded by the European Commission through the FP7. The project, SPEDOC, Surface Plasmon Early Detection of Circulation Heat Shock Proteins, aimed to develop a lab on a chip to detect cancer biomarkers using plasmonic nano-antennas. Together with collaborators from ICFO, Jose designed the microfluidic chip that you see in this video. We hope to publish this work very soon. Stay tuned!
- Our work at EPFL was featured in TV Reuters