Interested in joining us? check this video!
We have an opening for an MSc and PhD student to do research in the area of single cell analysis and organs-on-chips. See announcement (pdf).
Deadline: May 16th, 2017
Applications from international students are welcomed.
- Our paper on the development of an integrated microfluidic platform for single-cell analysis has just been published in Analytical Chemistry (link)
- Jose to give a talk at the VIII Congreso Nacional de Tecnología Aplicada a Ciencias de la Salud
- The Bio-Arts Lab is officially a partner of the National Laboratory of Channelopathies at IFC-UNAM (news)
- We had a very productive meeting with Prof. Leopoldo Santos from the Biomedicine Dept of Cinvestav in his visit to Monterrey
- Jose invited to give a seminar at UNAM's Institute of Cellular Physiology
- Roberto and Diana successfully defended their thesis.
- Jose participated as a speaker at the First Annual Lecture Series on Biomedical Research organized by UdeM's IEEE-EMBS chapter.
- Eduardo presented our work on a 3D-printed stethoscope at the 38th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC’16)
- Jose gave a seminar at the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta
- Jose will give a talk this year at Microfluidics Congress USA link!
- Alan and Ruth successfully defended their MSc thesis. Congratulations to both of them! Photos in this link!
- Jose was awarded a grant from Fundación Miguel Aleman (link)!!
- Ruth started an internship in the laboratory of Prof.Hugh Fan at the University of Florida
- We welcome Denise, Raúl, Pablo, David and Eros to our lab . They will be working over the next 7 weeks in a project related to Digital Medicine. Their summer scholarships are supported by the Programa Delfin.
- El Universal, one of the most important newspapers in Mexico, wrote an article about our current research (link)
- Check out our new photo gallery, where we will be posting photos of microdevices fabricated in our lab.
- We hosted four prestigious scientists in September: Prof. Vianney Ortiz Navarrete (Biomedicine Dept, CINVESTAV Zacatenco), Prof. Porfirio Nava Domínguez (Physiology Dept, CINVESTAV Zacatenco), Dr. Fernando Benito López (CIC MicroGUNE, Spain), Dr. Govind Kaigala (IBM Zurich). Thanks to all them for visiting us in Monterrey!
- El Norte, a major newspaper in Monterrey, highlights research carried out at Cinvestav-Monterrey in their Vida section. Read it here (pdf)
- We welcome Lucero, Erwing, Oscar, and Arturo this summer in our lab. They come from Mexico City, Toluca, and Guanajuato and will spend the next 6 weeks doing research with us. They are supported by the Programa Delfin.
- Reforma, one the most important newspapers in Mexico, highlighted our cancer chip developed with collaborators at ICFO, Spain. Read the news article here (pdf) and the journal paper here (paper).
- Jose named to the Editorial Review Board of Frontiers in Materials, section Translational Materials Science (link)
- Prof. Marc Madou from UC Irvine gave an insightful talk on CD microfluidics at CINVESTAV-Monterrey!
- Jose had the chance to work on an international project funded by the European Commission through the FP7. The project, SPEDOC, Surface Plasmon Early Detection of Circulation Heat Shock Proteins, aimed to develop a lab on a chip to detect cancer biomarkers using plasmonic nano-antennas. Together with collaborators from ICFO, Jose designed the microfluidic chip that you see in this video. We hope to publish this work very soon. Stay tuned!
- Our work at EPFL was featured in TV Reuters